Assessment for Learning
At the PRU we aim to develop critical self-reflection in all of our learners. As a result all teaching staff are expected to:
- Plan peer assessment and self-assessment opportunities in lessons.
- Explain the intended learning outcomes behind each task and how they relate to the learning objectives.
- Provide learners with clear success criteria that help them assess the quality of their work.
- Train learners over time to assess their own work and the work of others and develop an appropriate language to do so frequently and consistently encourage learners’ reflection on their learning.
- Guide learners to identify their next steps.